Five Tips to Turn a Small, Dull Room into a Bright and Spacious Room
Guest Post by Amanda Symes
Small bedrooms can appear spacious if some simple techniques are applied. If you like weekend projects, you can probably complete them in a short period of time. With these tips, you’ll discover what professional designers already know.
Source: Huffington Post
Here are a few great ideas to help you get started:
1. Small Room Design Ideas – Maximize the Amount of Floor Space Shown
The more floor space shown, the larger the room will appear.
4. Heavy window treatments can make the room look smaller because they block out natural light, so opt for something lighter, or blinds, that can give you the freedom to control light.
5. Shades that can be retracted from the top will also be recommended for people who want their room to appear larger or if you want to hang curtains, installing them closer to the roof will make the rooms height appear taller.
3. Create an Attention Grabber
Instead of using a waist-high desk, try to incorporate a tall desk with a stool in a corner. A tall desks draws the eye to the back of the room, and the room will appear bigger. Tall desks are also ergonomically friendly than waist-high desks because standing allows blood to circulate through the legs.
Attention grabbers are necessary to make small rooms appear larger. This can be done by painting a light-colored room or a unique focal point or a wall mural to draw the eye to back of the room.
Cool colors on walls help significantly to make small rooms feel bigger. Select a monochromatic color scheme and add a light or pastel color for an accent wall. This creates the feeling of extra depth to the room, making it appear larger.
4. Multi-Functional Small Room Furniture and Scale Furniture
You should use multifunction furniture that can be converted to other types of furniture.
Amanda Symes is Sales Manager at Curtain World, a leading provider of Curtains, Blinds and Shutters in Perth, Western Australia. Connect with Amanda on Google+. Photo Credits: Houzz – Amy Lou Design
If you have small rooms, these small room furniture and paint ideas can help make your proportions work in your favor. Small room storage solutions are definitely something you must consider, whether you use pieces of furniture to help you, storage containers under your bed or built-in storage under your stairs.